Engineered Overhead Cranes
Uesco Cranes is one of America’s largest manufacturers of engineered overhead cranes, gantry cranes, and runway systems. Manufacturing and industrial companies rely on Uesco Cranes for their daily operations, and that means we must deliver the best quality overhead crane solutions available. We build both single girder and double girder cranes in both top running and under running configurations with either stationary axles or rotating axles.
Some important features to note of our crane systems include the following:
- Service – All cranes are rated for a minimum CMAA Clas C service.
- Controls – All standard cranes feature electronic soft-start for a cushioned acceleration and adjustable torque magnetic disc brakes for smooth stopping of the load. Controls are full magnetic including a manual fused “through the door” disconnect with lockout handle, mainline magnetic disconnect, a 110 vac control circuit, thermal overload relays, and branch circuit fusing, all housed in a NEMA 12 control enclosure. Equipment is designed to operate on 230 or 460 volts, 3 phase, 60 hertz.
- End Trucks – Crane end trucks are fabricated from structural steel channels or plates welded into a rigid frame. Top running wheels are forged steel hardened to 325 Bhn minimum. Drive wheels are tapered tread. Underrunning wheels are forged steel and have a crowned or flat tread for operation on standard S beam, wide flange beam, or patented track. Rubber bumpers and rail sweeps are standard on all cranes.
- Drive Machinery – All Uesco dual-motor crane drives are double or triple reduction parallel shaft, helical/spur reducers splash lubricated for dependable service and longer life. Minimum B-10 bearing life is 5,000 hours. The bridge drive motors are flange mounted with a standard NEMA C or D flange and are 30 minute rated with Class F insulation. Thermal detectors embedded in the motor windings provide overload protection and meet the latest publication of the National Electric Code.
- Bridge girders – Bridge girders are fabricated from structural shapes, reinforced as necessary to build a rigid lifting frame. All double girder cranes have a minimum deflection of L/888, single girder cranes, L/600. All cranes have a minimum safety factor of 5:1. Included are (3) 100 amp sliding shoe collectors (1) ground sliding shoe collector and a four motion pendant suspended from the control panel for emergency on/off and bridge travel forward/reverse. When ordered with a wire rope or electric chain hoist, the pushbuttons of the hoist and crane are combined into one control station, either hoist suspended or suspended from an optional flat cable festoon system. Standard bridge electrification is flat cable suspended in loops from a steel track. Weights of typical hoists and trolleys are included in the wheel loads. The impact is not included. Shipping weights are for the crane only. Refer to the hoist manufacturer’s information for hoist shipping weights.
All of our cranes, end trucks, and runway systems are made in the U.S.A.